Monday, February 05, 2007

free as a word


Gave my first Irish reading yesterday with the Westgate Writer's Group at the local wildfowl reserve to celebrate National Wetlands Day. Read the poems from the Chicago Review--all based on Florida creatures--introduced by reading Elizabeth Bishop's poem "Florida". Sold two books! One fella just zipped up, gave me the money, and dashed away. Very much appreicate when someone doth be purchasing a book. Would like to have said a how do you do and whaz up and thank ye and such. Alas. Perhaps he'll come to another reading! We're (Westgate Writer's Group) reading for International Women's Day on March 4th at the Wexford library--maybe he'll be by.

Hey, check out this interview with the fabulousio Danielle Pafunda.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi H, Congrats on bringing a new life to Ireland.
I'm writing to ask you a question about a poem from your galloping book & I don't have your current email address.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Melissa Crowe said...

Heidi--I'm so, so pleased for you. Sophie is a beautiful baby, and I know you will be a mindful, dedicated, excited/exciting mother. What a ride it will be for all three--I catch my breath and clap my hands.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Heidi Lynn Staples said...

Elena, Hi! Great to hear from you! My new addy is heidilstaples@yahoo.ie I look forward to hearing from you and hearing about things on your side of the pond. all best, heidi

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home