Wednesday, December 06, 2006

out of heiding in a big weigh



Whale, my bloggerissimo, as you can see, I've been busy.

For poetry thing, I don't think I never did tell ye that I've a poem, "A Soup on the Tray," in the Spring issue of Ploughshares, edited by Kevin Young. Ye can read it here. Or get the whole issue. Young's poetics comes through in his editorial choices. Many poems employing repetition, for example, evoke the blues in a way not dissimilar to some of Young's work.

And a few poems in the latest Chicago Review, a special issue devoted to Kenneth Rexroth and to the magazine's sixtieth year. Some great Rexroth correspondence in the issue, for one of many thing. Plus a happy accident of a long Fanny Howe poem set in Ireland just preceding this blogger's poems.

So, here I doth grow into two become one equals three. I'm 38.5 weeks preggers and living in Ireland. So, have been watching what sing my body morph and reading Irish poets, particularly Paul Durcan .and Eavan Boland. For my recent birthday, I did get Paul Muldoon's Oxford Lectures, so I'm now diving into those what hears. Anyone else reading these?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Very happy for you. Will check out the poems. Please tell John I said hi. Congratulations to the both of you. Best wishes,

-clarence

10:47 AM  
Blogger Heidi Lynn Staples said...

thanks clarence! great to hear from you! i'll definitely say hi to John fer ye. how's things? Chrs, Heidi

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sabrina Orah Mark said...

Beautiful one! Congratulations! I am so very, very happy for you.

Love, Sabrina

6:33 PM  
Blogger Heidi Lynn Staples said...

Sabrina--There you is! Wondering how you are and whereabouts!

4:42 AM  
Blogger shanna said...

yay! helllloooo heidi, hi! & congratulations.
a big hug from me.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa Crowe said...

Hi, Heidi--stumbled upon you and found you TWO! Hooray!

I'm so pleased for you--you look wonderful and ready. I will look out for your forthcoming poems and visit again to see how mommydom affects you and your work. :-)

Cheers--
Melissa

1:45 PM  
Blogger RL said...

I didn't realize you were blogging again! I'm so very happy for you! Happy New Year! And hey, it sounds like you're getting a Capricorn -- wouldn't that be wonderful!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home